BOSS: Business Owner Success Series
The Business Owner Success Series (BOSS) is designed specifically to provide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practical, actionable advice. We bring in experts to share guidelines, tips, and answer specific questions to help us improve our businesses.
- Small Business – Each topic will be designed specifically for micro businesses and the unique challenges we face.
- Practical – Each presentation will be clearly “real world” and not magical fantasy land.
- Actionable – Each presentation will include or guide you to develop your own “to do” action items before you leave.
- Expert – Each speaker will be an expert in their field with real-world experience to back it up.
- Applicable – Each presentation will include 10+ minutes for Q&A so you can get clarification or ask the expert for insight directly into your personal business challenges.
BOSS! Video Library
Relationship Websites Are Ideal for a Micro-business
- What kind of website that actually makes SENSE for a small business
- The high impact components that are missing from your website
- From lots of specific examples
Josh Walton on January 19th, 2021
Thousands of B2B Leads
- Find the email address for local B2B leads that match your target profile
- Surface your most likely to convert leads with simple, automated scoring
- Simple automation to turn those email addresses into sales using HIGHLY personalized email sequences
Jeff Garland on December 8th, 2020
- The Why and How of “Recommendations”
- How messaging has changed on LI
- How to use LinkedIn to get more business
- How to plan your messaging to your customers and prospects
- How to budget for your communications plan
- How to execute a monthly plan in just a few hours
Chris Muldrow on September 1st, 2020
EIDL and PPP Loans
- The EIDL versus the PPP
- What counts towards loan forgiveness
- Tax implications of forgiveness & “the grant”
Shelley Kasten on July 21st, 2020
Build Financial Resilience
- 5 Analyzing your business money habits
- How to budget TACTICALLY
- Thermostat versus thermometer budgeting
Johnnie Lloyd on June 16th, 2020
Pump Your Pipeline
How to build your referral pipeline
- What works best as a single-person “company”
- How to get referrals going quickly
Mac Church on May 5th, 2020
Great Facebook Videos
- How to make engaging videos with your smartphone
- Easy-to-follow video guidelines
- Affordable gadgets that will instantly make your vids better
Mats Jerndal on April 21st, 2020
- 3 LOW costs ways to market for a HIGH return.
- 23 specific examples of free or low-cost advertising.
- How to set and achieve REALISTIC marketing goals.
Aaron Rayford on November 5th, 2019
Closing The Sale
- The 8 steps to the close
- Tips and Tricks to be better at each step
- What is the “yes train” and how to use it right
Phill Solow on January 21st, 2020
- The steps to selling
- 4 ways to improve your sales technique
- How to improve your close rate
Mike Williams on October 15th, 2019
Micro-Marketing, Step One
- The simple but powerful first step to great small business marketing.
- How to do it in 5 minutes or less.
- How it will simplify your marketing.
Art Radtke on August 20th, 2019
- How to find easy repeat customers.
- How to get customers that refer you out.
- Which existing customers to focus on.
Rob Notman on July 16th, 2019
Profit As A Sponsor
- Difference between Sponsorship VS Advertising
- Strategies for profiting as a sponsor
- How to establish your sponsorship program
Johnnie Lloyd on July 2nd, 2019
- What’s required of an employer.
- What are the options for a sole proprietor.
- When you can’t afford to offer health insurance, what are other options?
Debbie Napier on September 17th, 2019
Tax Act Impact
- How the QBI Deduction affects your small business
- How to handle work expenses now with your employees
- How Meals & Entertainment has changed
Adam Knihtila on September 3rd, 2019