Frequently Asked QuestionsAnswers to the most common questions we get about our website design & support services and our company here at Websites For Anything.
The Website Design & Build Process
Can you show me some websites you’ve done?
How long until my website is ready?
What’s included in a website project?
As part of your website project, we will:
- Design your site based on our Website Design Dialogue with you and several Client Reviews.
- Build out content pages using your wording or (optionally) our writers.
- Perform foundational SEO (that many other’s skip!)
- Launch your website on our Professional Hosting.
- Provide ongoing Advanced Support and more!
When your project is complete you will have a world-class, professional website – working for your business 24/7. Of course there are a lot of details in between each of these steps – and we take care of all of them. No hassle for you!
Will our website rank high on Google?
Typically no, but that is normal. In most industries, getting to the top of Google is hard, expensive work.
In the real world, micro-businesses survive and thrive on word-of-mouth referrals. What you should be doing is building a website that maximizes your existing relationships. This is dramatically different (and cheaper) than building for SEO. That's what we specialize in - relationship websites.
With all that said, we're always thinking ahead. An important part of our Launch Process is "foundational SEO" so that search engines like Google will rank your site properly.
For more on this important subject please check out a blog article we wrote about where your website will rank on Google.
Which package is right for me?
- If you need desperately need to be found on Google Maps, choose Google Starter.
- If more reviews would help your business grow, choose Google Starter.
- If your business is heavily built on once or twice a year recurring customers, choose Relationship Builder.
- If you can’t benefit from, or are already taking care of the first 3 points, Social Media is the next step.
Of course, these are generalizations and your mileage may vary. For a more detailed answer, please visit our blog post “Which website package is right for me.” Or, get in touch with our team and we’ll be happy to help!
How long is the agreement?
For a more in-depth answer, please visit our blog article “How Long Is The Contract?”
How many pages can I have on my website?
We will create your initial pages for you as part of your project. You can add hundreds or thousands of pages from there (and we’ll be happy to help.)
Is there anything I need to do before we first meet?
In fact, we have a carefully curated plan for that first conversation. We want to make sure we understand your business and exactly what you’re looking for, so we can give you the best product and a rock solid price. We call that our Website Design Dialogue. We will use our Website Design Dialogue to make sure we understand your needs and your goals. If you like, you can fill out that new website questionnaire right now.
If you want to get a jump start, here are a few things you could do (completely optional though!):
What if I don't like the design?
We also do a lot to prevent this from ever happening. Here’s a few things:
- We begin every new relationship with our extensively curated and constantly updated Website Design Dialogue meeting to ensure we understand your goals, vision, and style.
- Your project is led start-to-finish by a Client Representative whose JOB is to make sure you LOVE your website!
- Each project starts with a detailed Kickoff Meeting where we go over sites you like, uncover the reasons, discuss the layout together, and more!
- Each website design package includes meetings where we review the design together to get your feedback.
We’re confident we can design a website that you’ll love! If we don’t get it right the first time, we’ll work really hard to understand what we missed and build a website that meets your expectations.
What do you need from me as your client?
- Be honest. Tell us what you like or dislike. Share with us your goals, dreams, concerns, ideas, and opinions.
- Be communicative. If you need more guidance, let us know. If you need more time, ask for it. If you’re unclear on a request, speak up. Respond to calls and emails in a timely manner, so we can help you better.
- Be proactive, especially with content. Schedule dedicated time to work on writing your content and organizing your images.
For a more in-depth answer to this question, please visit our blog post “What Do You Need From Me In Order To Build Our Website?”
Website Design Pricing
Can I combine packages?
Absolutely, and you'll get a discount too! Starting with one of our $250/month website design and support packages you can add additional plans for just $125/month each.
How much does a website cost?
Do you offer something more affordable?
We’ve written a blog article that covers these free and low-cost options. Click here to see that article.
Are there any extra charges or fees?
Before we begin designing your website, we will provide you with a short proposal that details everything. Among other things, this puts in writing the design, pages, and features of your website. This way you can know exactly what you are getting for your money.
If you are already familiar with our most common Packages & Pricing then here are a few situations where your project might require additional funds:
- If your website is more than 5 pages there is a one-time charge.
- If your website needs a complex form setup there is a one-time charge.
- If your website needs a complex feature setup there is a one-time charge.
- If you want us to write content for you there is a one-time charge.
Who will own my website?
You will own your website 100%. Once you complete payment the website is yours. We can even provide you with all of the server-side files via download link.
For why this matters please visit our blog article “Will I Own My Website and Why Does It Matter?“
I already have a website, can you help me?
Can I have a blog on my site?
Newsletters and blogs are a great way to maintain a relationship with past customers to help more of them keep coming back.
Who will I be working with?
Once the website project is completed, your point of contact switches to our website support team, led by our Creative Director, Antonella.
Can I sell products on my website?
What if I need my website done fast?
When you need a full, custom website turned around in just a few days, we offer the following rush options:
14 Day Rush: +30%
7 Day Rush: +50%