Frequently Asked QuestionsAnswers to the most common questions we get about our website design & support services and our company here at Websites For Anything.
The Website Design & Build Process
Can you show me some websites you’ve done?
We sure can! You can see tons of our latest work, updated monthly, on our Website Portfolio page.
How does the process work?
The process is super easy!
- First we go through our carefully crafted Website Design Dialogue. If you like, you can get that conversation started today with our New Website Questionnaire. We’ll then recommend a website design package or provide a custom quote to suit your needs, review it with you, and collect any down payment.
- Kickoff: At your Kickoff Meeting, we’ll look over sites you like together, discuss design and the homepage in greater detail, and help you outline any pending content.
- Design Phase: We’ll create a custom design for your website while you finalize your content.
- Review One: In the Review One meeting we’ll review our design with you to get your feedback. We’ll also collect any outstanding content.
- Build Phase: We’ll make edits to the design and build out the remaining pages.
- Final Review: In the Final Review meeting we’ll go over every page to ensure everything is ready to go.
- Finalize & Launch: We’ll make final changes and take your new website live!
- Support: We’ll help you maintain your website, keep it current, and get maximum long-term value from your website. Believe it or not, this is just the beginning!
Throughout the process we’ll be regularly in touch with you to make sure everything’s on track. Please note that some packages may follow a slightly different process, but their process will be clearly explained before any work begins!
How long until my website is ready?
Typically five to six weeks. (Three weeks for StarterWeb.) Following our Project Roadmap, we typically will take a website live within six weeks of the Kickoff Meeting. For rush options, see that FAQ below.
What’s included with a website project?
As part of your website project, we will:
- Design your site based on our Website Design Dialogue with you and several Client Reviews.
- Build out content pages using your wording or (optionally) our writers.
- Perform foundational SEO (that many other’s skip!)
- Launch your website on our Professional Hosting.
When your project is complete you will have a world-class, professional website – working for your business 24/7!
Of course there are a lot of details in between each of these steps – and we take care of all of them. No hassle for you!
How many pages can I have on my website?
As many as you want! Most companies we work with have between 1 and 15 pages, but there are plenty of exceptions.
We will create your initial pages for you as part of your project, however, you can add hundreds or thousands of pages from there (and we’ll be happy to help.)
Will search engines like Google be able to find my site?
Yes! An important part of our Launch Process is foundational SEO on your website. We do these 14+ steps (which many of our competitors skip) so that search engines will index and show your site when people search for related search terms.
Is there anything I need to do before we meet?
Not really. We’ll walk you right through the whole thing.
In fact, we have a carefully curated plan for that first conversation. We want to make sure we understand exactly what you’re looking for, so we can give you the best product and a rock solid price. We call that our Website Design Dialogue. We will use our Website Design Dialogue to make sure we understand your needs and your goals.
If you want to get a jump start, here are a few things you could do (completely optional though!):
What if I don't like the design?
We’ll fix it.
We also do a lot to prevent this from happening. Here’s a few things:
- We begin every new relationship with our extensively curated and constantly updated Website Design Dialogue meeting to ensure we cover everything.
- Your project is lead start-to-finish by a Client Representative whose JOB is to make sure you LOVE your website!
- Each project starts with a detailed Kickoff Meeting where we go over sites you like, uncover the reasons, discuss the layout together, and more!
- Each website design package includes meetings where we review the design together to get your feedback.
We’re confident we can design a website that you’ll love! If we don’t get it right the first time, we’ll work really hard to understand what we missed and build a website that meets your expectations.
Website Design Pricing
How much does a website cost?
Typically either $125 or $250 a month for 12 months. You can find more details on our Packages & Pricing page.
Of course, it depends on what you need. We never start a project without being clear up front about what your goals and needs are as well as the financial investment needed. That’s why we first have a thorough, guided discussion about your needs & goals called our Website Design Dialogue. From there, we make recommendations based on your unique situation, our years of experience, and our desire to see your business succeed as a whole.
Are there any extra charges or fees?
Typically, no. We really try to keep pricing simple and affordable for you.
Before we begin designing your website, we will provide you with a short proposal that details everything. Among other things, this puts in writing the design, pages, and features of your website. This way you can know exactly what you are getting for your money.
If you are already familiar with our most common Packages & Pricing then here are a few situations where your project might require additional funds:
- If your website is more than 5 pages there is a one-time charge.
- If your website needs a complex form set up there is a one-time charge.
- If you want us to write content for you there is a one-time charge.
I already have a website, can you help me?
Yes, absolutely we can! We especially love to work with WordPress websites, but we can work on any website. Give us a call at (540) 376-7008 or send us an e-mail. We’d love to learn about your challenge and get you the help you need to maximize your website! And if we have a colleague who’s skill sets are better suited to your goal, we’ll make a introduction to ensure you receive the best possible website support.
Who will own my website?
You will own your website 100%.
Once you complete payment the website is yours. We can even provide you with all of the server-side files via download link.
Can I have a blog on my site?
Yes! You will have one of the most popular blog platforms available today. Our web platform is based on the open-source, self-hosted WordPress CMS which powers over 70 million websites and blogs around the world.
What if I need my website done fast?
For a custom designed website, our standard time to completion is five or six weeks. If you need your website built faster, we highly recommend just adding a temporary placeholder page to your project for a nominal fee.
When you need a full, custom website turned around in just a few days, we offer the following rush options:
14 Day Rush: +30%
7 Day Rush: +50%
Can I sell products on my website?
Yes, but this is an additional feature. We can definitely set up your website to sell your products. We have created business websites with simple order forms as well as full-function shopping carts (e-commerce.)