BOSS: Business Owner Success SeriesProvide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practicable, actionable advice.
Small Business Owner Success Series in Fredericksburg Virginia
The Business Owner Success Series (BOSS) is designed specifically to provide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practical, actionable advice. We bring in experts to share guidelines, tips, and answer specific questions to help us improve our businesses. Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at noon.
- Business Owner – Each topic will be designed specifically for micro business owners and the unique challenges we face.
- Practical – Each presentation will be clearly “real world” and not magical fantasy land.
- Actionable – Each presentation will include or guide you to develop your own “to do” action items before you leave.
- Expert – Each speaker will be an expert in their field with real-world experience to back it up.
- Applicable – Each presentation will include 10+ minutes for Q&A so you can get clarification or ask the expert for insight directly into your personal business challenges.
- On the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Meeting begins at 12 noon. Arrive early to network and grab your meal.
- Lunch is included or bring your own if you prefer.
- FREE – The meeting and lunch are provided at no charge.
- No Selling – Speakers are not pitching, they are here to educate.
- Please Network! – We encourage you to meet one another and share what you do!
If you’re planning to attend an upcoming seminar please let us know here. While you’re welcome to join us unannounced, having a head count helps us be better prepared (and make sure everyone gets fed!)
November 20th, 2018
11:45am – 1pm
(lunch is included)
- How to get less done.
- Why you’re wrong about multi-tasking.
- The Three Lies holding back your business.
We’ll discuss three of the most detrimental lies lots of people accept accept as truth, because that’s what we’ve been taught by society. We’ll discuss WHY those are false, and how to overcome them. The lesson and discussion is based on the book “The One Thing” written by Jay Papasan and Gary Keller (founder of #1 worldwide RE firm Keller-Williams Realty International).
Speaker: Adam Eidson
Adam is the founder and Co-Owner of RARE CrossFit in Fredericksburg, VA which just celebrated their 10th year in business. Their mission at RARE CrossFit is to make Fredericksburg the Healthiest and Fittest City in America. Adam is a Certified CrossFit Trainer and former competitive ultra-marathon runner. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from UMW. Adam brings his comprehension of teamwork, motivation, and goal accomplishment to coach his employees and RARE’s everyday athletes with outstanding success.
December 4th, 2018
11:45am – 1pm
(lunch is included)
- Where to find Qualified Employees.
- Tips for Hiring Effectively.
- Keep the best, forget the rest.
Beginning with four key ways to ways to find QUALIFIED employees, we’ll help you learn how to set up a quality hiring process. From pre-screening to interviews to retaining the best team members, Ginni will share her tips & tricks, what to avoid , (and maybe a horror story or two just for fun!) You’ll leave with a plan to help you find and keep that next great employee!
Speaker: Ginni Matern Mastin
As President and Founder of Matern Staffing, Ginni worked alongside her mother at Stat Employment learning the trade. Ginni graduated from Ferrum College and later returned to school to earn a Respiratory Care degree. She spent six years as a respiratory therapist and then became a pharmaceutical sales rep. Ginni returned to the Staffing industry in 2015 and subsquently founded Matern Staffing. She is a member of the Chamber of Commerce and Stafford Rotary Club. Ginni also serves on the Chamber of Commerce’s CNEW committee and the Board of Directors for the Humane Society of Caroline County.
What's Your Website Missing?
Free website review. No commitment.
with Chris Muldrow
May 1st, 2018
with Latrice Claiborne
April 17th, 2018
with Mac Church
April 3rd, 2018
with Mats Jerndal
March 20th, 2018
with Maria Moore
March 6th, 2018
with Donella Fields
February 20th, 2018
with Art Radtke
February 6th, 2018