BOSS: Business Owner Success SeriesProvide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practicable, actionable advice.
Small Business Owner Success Series in Fredericksburg Virginia
The Business Owner Success Series (BOSS) is designed specifically to provide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practical, actionable advice. We bring in experts to share guidelines, tips, and answer specific questions to help us improve our businesses. Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at noon.
- Business Owner – Each topic will be designed specifically for micro business owners and the unique challenges we face.
- Practical – Each presentation will be clearly “real world” and not magical fantasy land.
- Actionable – Each presentation will include or guide you to develop your own “to do” action items before you leave.
- Expert – Each speaker will be an expert in their field with real-world experience to back it up.
- Applicable – Each presentation will include 10+ minutes for Q&A so you can get clarification or ask the expert for insight directly into your personal business challenges.
- On the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Meeting begins at 12 noon. Arrive early to network and grab your meal.
- Lunch is included or bring your own if you prefer.
- FREE – The meeting and lunch are provided at no charge.
- No Selling – Speakers are not pitching, they are here to educate.
- Please Network! – We encourage you to meet one another and share what you do!
If you’re planning to attend an upcoming seminar please let us know here. While you’re welcome to join us unannounced, having a head count helps us be better prepared (and make sure everyone gets fed!)
June 19th, 2018
11:45am – 1pm
(lunch is included)
- Our common misbeliefs about focus
- 3 simple systems for improving your focus
- Steps to try on your own
Excellent focus is about much more than just completing a project. In fact we have many misbeliefs about focus and how our brains and bodies work. We’ll learn about what impacts our focus and do some group exercises to make those lessons tangible. Each business person will leave ready to improve our focus, reap the benefits of that change, and with at least one small step we can implement immediately!
Speaker: Barbara Gustavson
After 13 years of being a government contractor and working in a cubicle, Barbara followed her own calling to live her life with meaning and provide a deeper level of service to other women who are ready to discover and embrace their journey of growth. Barbara Gustavson is president and founder of Discover Next Step, a company that equips women to live more boldly, get clear on their calling and pay it forward. Barbara provides one-on-one coaching, vision retreats and workshops. She is a Founding Member and Executive Director with the John Maxwell Team.
July 17th, 2018
11:45am – 1pm
(lunch is included)
- Whether YOUR business can benefit from teleworkers AND save you money.
- The Hidden benefits to employers (and employees!)
- What you need to get started.
Most of us in this area know someone who tele-commutes at least once a week. Often times this is someone working a goverment or a big corporation, but did you know teleworking is perfectly viable and highly beneficial to many small businesses too? We’re bringing an expert on “how to” and software together with an expert at the computer & hardware aspects to show us how it can benefit YOUR small business, and how it’s done!
Speaker: Latrice Claiborne & Tony Scott
Latrice Claiborne is the CEO of the professional virtual assisting firm Trinity Admin Solutions. Located here in Fredericksburg, their company provides business support services to small business owners – helping them organize and grow their business.
For thirty years Tony Scott has primarily been in the sales and marketing for technical companies. Tony works in both marketing and as a highly trained IT Technician for SH3 Computer Systems in Stafford.
with Tony Scott
June 5th, 2018
with Josh Walton
May 15th, 2018
with Chris Muldrow
May 1st, 2018
with Latrice Claiborne
April 17th, 2018
with Mac Church
April 3rd, 2018
with Mats Jerndal
March 20th, 2018
with Maria Moore
March 6th, 2018
with Donella Fields
February 20th, 2018
with Art Radtke
February 6th, 2018