BOSS: Business Owner Success SeriesProvide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practicable, actionable advice.
Small Business Owner Success Series in Fredericksburg Virginia
The Business Owner Success Series (BOSS) is designed specifically to provide Fredericksburg area small business owners with practical, actionable advice. We bring in experts to share guidelines, tips, and answer specific questions to help us improve our businesses. Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at noon.
- Business Owner – Each topic will be designed specifically for micro business owners and the unique challenges we face.
- Practical – Each presentation will be clearly “real world” and not magical fantasy land.
- Actionable – Each presentation will include or guide you to develop your own “to do” action items before you leave.
- Expert – Each speaker will be an expert in their field with real-world experience to back it up.
- Applicable – Each presentation will include 10+ minutes for Q&A so you can get clarification or ask the expert for insight directly into your personal business challenges.
- On the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Meeting begins at 12 noon. Arrive early to network and grab your meal.
- Lunch is included or bring your own if you prefer.
- FREE – The meeting and lunch are provided at no charge.
- No Selling – Speakers are not pitching, they are here to educate.
- Please Network! – We encourage you to meet one another and share what you do!
If you’re planning to attend an upcoming seminar please let us know here. While you’re welcome to join us unannounced, having a head count helps us be better prepared (and make sure everyone gets fed!)
December 4th, 2018
11:45am – 1pm
(lunch is included)
- Where to find Qualified Employees.
- Tips for Hiring Effectively.
- Keep the best, forget the rest.
Beginning with four key ways to ways to find QUALIFIED employees, we’ll help you learn how to set up a quality hiring process. From pre-screening to interviews to retaining the best team members, Ginni will share her tips & tricks, what to avoid , (and maybe a horror story or two just for fun!) You’ll leave with a plan to help you find and keep that next great employee!
Speaker: Ginni Matern Mastin
As President and Founder of Matern Staffing, Ginni worked alongside her mother at Stat Employment learning the trade. Ginni graduated from Ferrum College and later returned to school to earn a Respiratory Care degree. She spent six years as a respiratory therapist and then became a pharmaceutical sales rep. Ginni returned to the Staffing industry in 2015 and subsquently founded Matern Staffing. She is a member of the Chamber of Commerce and Stafford Rotary Club. Ginni also serves on the Chamber of Commerce’s CNEW committee and the Board of Directors for the Humane Society of Caroline County.
What's Your Website Missing?
Free website review. No commitment.
November 20th, 2018
with Mike Williams
November, 6th 2018
with Linda Clevenger
October 16th, 2018
with Rob Notman
October 2nd, 2018
with Mats Jerndal
September 18th, 2018
September 4th, 2018
August 21st, 2018
August 7th, 2018
Latrice Claiborne & Tony Scott
July 17th, 2018
with Barbara Gustavson
June 19th, 2018
with Tony Scott
June 5th, 2018
with Josh Walton
May 15th, 2018