Design Process FAQsCommon questions about our website design process.
I already have a website, can you help me? (Yes)
Absolutely we can. We can work on any website.
If you know you need to make changes but aren’t sure where to start, then just request a Free Website Analysis. Our Website Analysis is a 57-point inspection and 5 page report on your website. It’s done by one of our team members, written in plain English, and includes clear action steps you can take.
Why should I choose Websites For Anything?
- We love small business.
- We’ll create a professional quality, custom design just for you.
- Every website package includes hands-on, personal training on using your website.
- Our Proactive Support follows-up afterwards, to help you make the most of your website.
- We’re a local company with an office right here in Fredericksburg. Well Spotsylvania technically…
Can you show me some websites you’ve done?
We sure can! You can see tons of our latest work, updated weekly, on our Website Portfolio page.
What’s included with a website project?
As part of your website project, we will:
- Design your site based on our Website Design Dialogue with you and several Client Reviews.
- Build out content pages using your wording or (optionally) our writers.
- Optimize your content for search engines.
- Launch your website!
When your project is complete you will have a world-class, professional website – working for your business 24/7!
Of course there are a lot of details in between each of these steps – and we take care of all of them. No hassle for you!
How does the process work?
The process is super easy!
- First we go through our carefully crafted Website Design Dialogue. If you like, you can get that conversation started right away by filling out a New Website Questionnaire and we’ll follow up with you.
- Based on the results of that Website Design Dialogue (WDD), we’ll make recommendations for a website design package or provide a custom quote to meet your needs. We’ll the condense everything discussed down into a Proposal, making sure you’re confident we understand your goals and will complete the project in a timely manner.
- Next, our team will design the website. We’ll go through rounds of Reviews and Revisions in accordance with what we agreed together.
- After you approve your design and your page content is added, we’ll launch your new website!
Throughout the process we’ll be in touch with you to make sure everything’s on track.
Will search engines like Google be able to find my site?
Yes, we will optimize your site as part of launching the site so that search engines will index and show your site when people search for related search terms. The web platform we use also automatically updates your site for search engines as you add new pages and content.
How much does a website cost?
We never start a project without being clear up front about the financial investment needed. Of course, it depends on what you need. That’s why we first have a thorough, guided discussion about your needs & goals called our Website Design Dialogue. From there, we make recommendations based on your unique situation, our years of experience, and our desire to see your business succeed as a whole.
We offer several website design packages starting at $1200 but we also offer custom quotes and an alternative website plan specially designed for new businesses starting at $125/month. We also offer a free website analysis to review your existing website and make recommendations on how you can improve what you already have. You can learn more about our website design prices here. Or you can just give us a call at (540) 376-7008.
Are there ongoing costs to my website?
There are no ongoing charges from us for the creation of the website. However, your website will need to be hosted on a server somewhere. We do offer excellent, premium hosting exclusively to our clients on our incredibly reliable server as an extra service. You should also consider having us do a Website Tuneup twice a year as it will keep your site up to date and increase its longevity.
So, beyond the up-front price, there are three other costs to consider:
- Hosting: In order to be available to all your customers on the internet, your website must be hosted on a compatible server. We provide highly secure, business-class hosting with a Secure Site Guarantee! You can find out more about our website hosting. We’ll even give you a discount on your project if you sign up for hosting with us.
- Website Setup: If you choose to host your website with Websites For Anything, we’ll set up your website and take it live. If you choose another website hosting provider, we can do that too.
- Ongoing Support: Much like an automobile, your website will benefit from regular maintenance. Regular updates and database maintenance on your website will increase longevity, security, and compatibility. That’s why we offer our Advanced Support service.
Are there any extra charges or fees?
Before we begin designing your website, we will provide you with a short proposal that details everything. Among other things, this puts in writing the design, pages, and features of your website. This way you can know exactly what you are getting for your money.
Beyond the up-front price, there are three other costs to consider. You can read about them here.
What if I don’t like the design?
We’ll fix it. We have a really good process which from the start helps us to understand what you are looking for. Then, each website design package includes revisions to make sure that you’re thrilled with the result. We’re confident we can design a website that you’ll love! If we don’t get it right the first time, we’ll work really hard to understand what we missed and build a website that meets your expectations.